Monday, October 24, 2011

Miami Visit

Last week, I was in Miami and had the opportunity to visit Kids Corner, a Quality Counts 5-star center located in Doral. The center is also NAEYC accredited. The school is beautiful and well-equipped. While that is always a good sign, it doesn't necessarily speak to the quality of the program as we know that the interactions between the adults and the children are key. I am pleased to report that great things were happening. The adults were actively engaged in the activities with the children, scaffolding their learning experiences and modeling good language. It was so refreshing to observe developmentally-appropriate activities and the children were obviously enjoying their program.

They were kind enough to allow us to take photos of the children and the staff. We will be sharing some of those pictures in our publications. I want to extend my heartfelt thanks to the staff who graciously embraced our intrusion without missing a beat.

Quality Counts is making a difference and we are so pleased to be a part of this work in Miami-Dade County. I look forward to visiting other programs as I get out around the state and sharing what I see. It is so refreshing and rewarding...

Best,

Phyllis

No comments:

Post a Comment